HOA/Condo/Co-Op Board Member Certification
Provider #0000811, Course #9626099, 3 HR/ELE
Presented by: John Townsend and Leslie Sheekley
If you are planning to serve on your association board, you probably know that you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected.
Our HOA/Condo/Co-Op Board Certification class is designed to satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Defining your fiduciary duty
- Analyzing association operations
- How to properly maintain the association's books and records
- The pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution
- Avoiding common election pitfalls
- Preparing budgets & funding reserves
- Understanding financial reporting requirements
- Assessing insurance needs for common areas
- Defusing conflict within the community
Sign-In start at 9:00 a.m. Central time
Light refreshments will be served.
This class is complimentary, but seating is limited.
For more information, please contact Gina Shaw
850.664.2229 or by email at email@example.com